- This event has passed.
Paddle Canada Basic Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Instructor
May 30, 2015 - May 31, 2015
The Basic SUP Instructor course is designed to provide a national certification in the instruction and administration of the Basic Stand Up Paddleboard program. It normally serves as the entry point into the Paddle Canada Stand Up Paddleboard instructor program. As such, the basics of instruction receive considerable emphasis during this course.
Mandate of the Basic Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor
Successful candidates will receive the “Basic Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor Award.” The Basic Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor is certified to:
- Conduct Paddle Canada Basic SUP skills courses and to certify paddlers at that level
- Assist on Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills courses
- Apprentice on Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills courses
- Teach Stand Up Paddleboard on protected flatwater with easy landing options
- At least 16 years of age.
- Current Paddle Canada membership and Provincial/Territorial membership.
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid with CPR (14-16 hours)
- Candidates are expected have experience beyond that of the Basic SUP skills course
2 days (16 hours) minimum.
1 instructor: 6 participants
Enclosed and sheltered with easy landing options immediately present.
Wind calm (<8 knots). Sea state calm to rippled.